Thursday, June 13, 2013

June Steampunk Blog Link Party!

I've had a couple of conversations lately about how isolated different parts of the online steampunk community are.  There isn't one central location for steampunk, at least not now.  It's possible to be an active steampunk online and have no idea about all the magnificent resources out there.  It's almost daily that I stumble across something and marvel at how I didn't find it before.

My particular desire is to see a connection among steampunk bloggers.  I often feel like I'm all alone out here, talking to the void, but I know other bloggers are out there.  I've recently been collecting links to steampunk blogs because I have an idea I want to implement.

I want to host a place for all steampunk bloggers to come together and share.  If I had the resources, both financial and technological skill, I would try to start some sort of website or blog network.  But as it is, I want to start with what I have, which is this blog.

So what I'm going to do is start hosting a Steampunk Blog Party (aka Linky Party, Link-up).  Once a month I will make a post here on this blog.  Anyone with a steampunk blog, or a blog related to steampunk can then add a link to their blog and it will show on this post.

In addition to posting a link and an image, I hope people will also comment to share their latest post that they would like to brag on.  Link to your favorite project, tutorial, rant, whatever.  This way we can all be more aware of each other and what is out there, and hopefully become a more connected community.
Steam Ingenious Blog Link Party

16 comments:

  1. Yami here for Radiant Vanguard.

    My favorite costume build is coming up in the next two weeks (WIP photos this sunday, the finished outfit the sunday after). I'm so excited!

    As far as posts that are already up, though, this is a good one:
    http://radiantvanguard.no-ip.org/blog/2013/05/19/details-calling-cards/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura Morrigan from Roses and Vellum blog here. I am hugely influenced by Victorian and Steampunk culture and Gothic literature. My site usually involves sharing Steampunk things that interest me, sewing projects, books and movies I enjoyed and outfits. I am always interested in meeting and being inspired by other Steampunks. I also enjoy writing in Steampunk and other genres.

    http://rosesandvellum.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining! Your blog looks great. I'm looking forward to reading through your movie reviews.

      Delete
  3. Frustratingly, my name in the blog links pictures above is not working as a link, but if you click on the image, it will take you to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahoyhoy All~

    I'm Mr Bodewell from Sepiachord. We talk about steampunk music. A lot.

    http://www.sepiachord.com/index/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Thanks for visiting. I don't think you posted a link/image with the button above (that says "Add Your Link") so you should do that, if you want.

      Delete
  5. Good morning darlings! Although my most recent posts on Miss Leah Wilde's Sewing Blog have been more about retro inspired sewing, if you go back just a bit, you'll find a few about the recent Steampunk Empire Symposium. Enjoy!

    Miss Leah J Wilde of the Airship Archon

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://mieljolie.blogspot.com/
    the above is a link to another CenTX Steampunk blogger that I discovered about the same time as your blog. Boringlibrarian in Waco.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I discovered her blog recently, and I actually know her from the Texas community. She's Dallas based, and I invited her to link up. :)

      Delete
  7. Hi everyone, I am a steampunk author, so hope you don't mind me linking my blog :)

    I tend to post about things that have inspired my novels, research and interestings facts I have discovered, or just random things with a steampunk angle.

    http://www.awexley.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a steampunk blog, but I am doing a corset-a-long tutorial during June and July which I think is very relevant to steampunk costuming: http://www.dramaticthreads.com/2013/06/corset-long-schedule.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of Steampunk posts up on my blog now! http://rosesandvellum.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found this site and just began my website..perfect!

    ReplyDelete

>